Master of Science in Mechatronics Engineering (MSMTR)
Multidisciplinary engineers are needed now more than ever.
Accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division, our Master of Science in Mechatronics Engineering is an interdisciplinary program that integrates the science and engineering concepts needed to address grand challenges in the ever-changing industrial sectors.
Mechatronics has evolved as a distinct engineering discipline over the last few years. It is a blend of mechanics, electronics, information technology and computers. It has come to mean the synergistic use of precision engineering, control theory, computer science, and sensor and actuator technology to design improved products and processes. It is the application of the latest techniques in precision mechanical engineering, controls theory, computer science and electronics to the design process to create more functional and adaptable products. Because mechatronics students study a range of disciplines, they are well equipped to go into a wide range of jobs in electrical or mechanical engineering, as well as software development and management positions. The combined skills of the mechatronics graduate are becoming increasingly valuable to the employer, especially in areas such as:
- Defense systems
- Modern industrial systems
- Maintenance diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Space systems
- Vehicle design, manufacturing and testing
- Electrical control and drives
- Software development
- Electrical consumer goods
- Food processing
- Automated production systems
- Sales and marketing of engineering products
Our program offers exciting opportunities for excellent students from a wide spectrum of backgrounds to engage in cutting-edge research with highly qualified faculty and world-class facilities and resources. We offer an innovative curriculum that integrates several theme areas and a wide variety of research strengths such as:
- Robotics and autonomous systems
- Remote monitoring and control
- Industrial automation and embedded systems
- Signal processing and system identification
- Intelligent manufacturing technologies
- Sensor design and sensor fusion
Our program is challenging yet flexible. Whether you are a full-time student or a working engineer, this program can accommodate your individual needs, backgrounds and interests. Students have the flexibility to tailor a program of study to meet their specific professional goals.
We provide you with the training you will need for success on a variety of career paths, in a collegial and supportive environment. Many of our recent graduates have moved on to rewarding positions and successful careers both in academia and in industry.
Our key program features are:
- Independent research study under faculty supervision
- A well-equipped Mechatronics Center providing an excellent work environment
- Excellent networking opportunity with leading industries in the region and top academic institutions worldwide
- High profile faculty members with vast industrial and academic experience in leading North American institutions.