Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME)
The global economy and rapid changes in technology require an increasing number of engineers with technical expertise beyond the bachelor's degree level.
Our Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program is accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates. The program is designed for those whose goal is to work in the different subdisciplines of mechanical engineering, including thermal and green energy systems, fluid systems, solid mechanics, design and manufacturing, and dynamics and control. Our program enhances the technical skills of all mechanical engineers to meet today's demands as well as those of the future. Based on high standards similar to those followed in the United States, this program educates mechanical engineers on solving challenging mechanical engineering problems well beyond what they encounter at the undergraduate level.
The mission of the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) program at AUS is to prepare professionals for advanced careers and/or doctoral studies related to mechanical engineering. The program is continuously striving to create a stimulating proactive learning environment that promotes excellence in teaching and research to assist the students in becoming competent, innovative, and responsible professionals.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the MSME program will be prepared to:
- Be successful professionals in a specialized area of mechanical engineering
- Maintain a desire for research, innovation, and lifelong learning
- Uphold the responsibilities of the engineering profession
Upon graduation, an AUS MSME graduate should demonstrate the ability to:
- Perform research emphasizing creativity, independent learning and scientific methods in a chosen area of mechanical engineering
- Apply advanced mathematics and engineering knowledge in identifying, formulating and solving engineering problems
- Select and use techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for research or professional practice
- Communicate effectively
- Recognize the need for, and engage in, life-long learning
- Attend to professional and ethical responsibilities