Master of Science in Engineering Systems Management (MSESM)
Today's engineers are routinely confronted with broader job responsibilities that require them to combine managerial aspects with technical aspects.
Since its launch in 2002 as the first program of its kind in the entire region, our Engineering Systems Management (ESM) master's degree has become one of the most popular graduate degrees at AUS. The demand for our program remains high with an average of 25 students enrolling in it every year.
Our program has become the premier choice for engineers whose goal is to work in areas that integrate technical engineering skills with managerial and economics skills. Our curriculum is designed to enhance management and technical skills of all engineers, regardless of their discipline, to meet the needs of the marketplace in the UAE and other Gulf countries.
Our highly qualified faculty members, modern laboratories and resource facilities and a dynamic curriculum that is in sync with the demands of the global market, has earned our program an enviable reputation throughout the region.
Statistics show that 75 percent of all engineers in the UAE assume management responsibility within the first five years of professional practice. And that is precisely why our program ensures that our students are equipped with the right tools to deal successfully with all the professional challenges that come their way.
The MSESM program aims to reinforce and expand its reputation nationally and in the region for graduating professionals recognized for excellence in their contribution to ESM scholarship, having exceptional leadership, commitment to creative problem solving, and professional integrity who are instrumental in development of a prosperous society.
The mission of MSESM program is to considerably increase the opportunities for practicing engineers to be successful in their efforts to build effective teams, lead and manage major engineering projects, and expand economic development for the private and public sectors in the UAE and the Gulf region countries.
Graduates of the MSESM program will be prepared to:
- Develop creative and effective engineered solutions that require engineering systems management skills to meet organizations needs in both the service and industrial sectors.
- Succeed in a wide range of different organizations, positions and projects and adapt to various work environments
- Lead the change management process to meet organizational goals and objectives
- Seek continual professional development and lifelong learning in a dynamic, global professional environment.
- Act professionally and ethically in the practice of engineering systems management
Upon graduation, an AUS MSESM graduate should demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply the techniques, tools, and skills of engineering systems management to address real-world problems
- Conduct economic and financial analysis of projects and engineering operations
- Dunction as effective members of multidisciplinary teams and communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- Recognize professional and ethical responsibilities and act accordingly within a global and social context
- Engage in theoretical and applied research projects