Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology program will prepare students for careers as licensed psychologists, serving their communities through applied clinical practice. This program is accredited by the American Psychological Association through 2027*.
This program employs the practitioner-scholar model of doctoral training in which academics, clinical training, and research are conjoined. This rigorous program consists of three years of clinically relevant coursework and supervised clinical training, followed by one year of internship, and completion of a clinical dissertation. After completion of postdoctoral clinical training, graduates will be eligible to be examined for licensure as psychologists throughout the country and in Canada.
*For further information about the accreditation status of this or any other psychology doctoral program, please contact the APA Office of Consultation and Accreditation, American Psychological Association, 750 First Street NE, Washington, D.C. 20002-4242, Phone: 202.336.5979.
- Ranked #6 Psy.D. program in the U.S.*
- University-based doctoral program with access to major-university resources at the #46-ranked institution in the U.S.**
- Emphasis on science-informed, evidence-based practice with an appreciation for multicultural context and cultural adaptation
- Outstanding faculty, recognized experts, scholars, and clinicians
- World-class clinical training opportunities, including 4 university-based clinics, and external training rotations throughout southern California
- Dedicated support and resources to help find and secure practicum and internship placements
- 97% overall internship placement with 91% placed at APA-accredited internships
- 100% of alumni (5-years post-graduation) are licensed psychologists in the most recent alumni survey
*Compared to Psy.D. programs listed in U.S. News & World Report, Best Grad School Rankings, Clinical Psychology
** U.S. News & Report, Best Colleges Rankings, National Universities
Applications are now being accepted for Fall 2020. Apply Now!