Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Our Bachelor of Science in Mathematics program seeks to expose students to the theoretical foundations of mathematics, to provide them with understanding of the broad outlines of modern mathematics and its applications in a variety of disciplines, to stimulate their interest in research and to prepare them for their future work.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics program, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of diverse areas in mathematics such as analysis, algebra, discrete mathematics and applied mathematics
- Construct and effectively communicate valid mathematical arguments
- Demonstrate a solid grounding in the ideas and techniques of mathematics
- Apply mathematical analysis and mathematical skills to problems in other disciplines
- Use discrete mathematical concepts in a variety of contexts such as algorithm development, computer programming and network development and implementation
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and carry out thoughtful approaches to problem solving
- Define and execute simple research tasks as required for professional work
- Formulate a problem in mathematical terms from descriptions written in language specific to disciplines associated with engineering, finance and the natural sciences
- Obtain the research skills necessary to adapt to change and remain current in the field and continue to learn new information, skills and concepts.