Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
As one of the most exciting branches in the dynamic field of engineering, electrical engineering is at the forefront of how we shape the future.
Testifying to its academic quality, our 140-credit Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is accredited both by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates and by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, in the United States.
This highly acclaimed four-year Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree program is based on a solid foundation of science and mathematics needed to understand advanced engineering topics and applications.
We have designed the curriculum with the aim of providing breadth and depth of knowledge across the key areas of electrical engineering that cater to the ever-evolving needs of the world around us.
We will provide you with state-of-the-art resources in communications, control and instrumentation, digital signal processing, microelectronics, electromagnetics and microwaves, electric drives, power systems and biomedical electronics.
Our highly qualified faculty members are committed to helping you develop the intellectual, technological and personal skills that will allow you to excel in both academia and electrical engineering careers.
Strongly connected to today's industry environment, the electrical engineering degree is designed to ensure that, after you graduate, you will be able to employ your knowledge, analysis and design skills in realizing engineering systems that advance the frontiers of science and technology.
The mission of the electrical engineering program at AUS is to promote and maintain excellence in teaching and learning to equip students with strong core competencies in electrical engineering and empower them with the skills required for successful professional careers.
The electrical engineering degree program promotes and enhances faculty expertise in research and development towards providing technical solutions for social challenges and community advancement through outreach activities and networking with regional and international organizations.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The objectives of the electrical engineering program are to produce a graduate who will:
- Be a successful engineer as a member or a leader of a team comprised of a diverse group of professionals
- Possess effective communication skills and continue to improve technical and non-technical competencies through engagement in professional activities, projects, and/or graduate studies
- Be a holistic citizen demonstrating social, ethical, and professional responsibilities
Upon graduation, an AUS graduate in electrical engineering should demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice