THE UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG
Welcome to The University of Winnipeg
There are many great reasons to choose The University of Winnipeg, centrally located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – the heart of the country. Discover why Lonely Planet named Manitoba one of the Top 10 Best in Travel Regions for 2019!
The University of Winnipeg received its charter in 1967 but its roots date back more than 145 years, when the founding colleges were merged to form United College in 1938. In 2017 we celebrated the 50th anniversary of our University Charter.
Every aspect of a UWinnipeg education is geared to help you excel and ensure you have a superior student experience. Students benefit from our small class sizes, award-winning professors, affordable tuition rates and our friendly and welcoming community – you are an individual here.
UWinnipeg offers unique research opportunities to undergraduates. Many participate directly in research, either on their own or in close collaboration with faculty, a privilege usually reserved for graduate students at larger institutions. Students graduate from their bachelor’s degree prepared for their next steps in graduate school or their career.
We invite you to discover:
- 3-year, 4-year, and Honours bachelor degrees, recognized around the world
- 400+ courses in more than 50 fields of study: Science, Arts, Business & Economics, Kinesiology, and more
- More than 1,000 international students from 70 different countries – meet friends from all around the world
- Our first-class Science Complex featuring 30 state-of-the-art research labs
- An average student to professor ratio of 25:1
- A graduate employment rate of 95.9% two years after graduation; 90% of our graduates reporting they are satisfied or very satisfied with the education they received here
Finance & Scholarship Opportunities
A bachelor’s degree at UWinnipeg is $16,000 CAD per year, on average, making us one of the most affordable public post-secondary institutions in Canada!
Scholarship opportunities include guaranteed scholarships for students completing IB or AP curricula, as well as programs for students who excel in academics and student leadership.
Life on Campus
We offer accommodations to suit every need. Living in residence gives you the opportunity to live on your own, without being alone. You’ll meet students from across Canada and around the world, establish lifelong friendships, and get involved in activities around campus and in the surrounding area. Options include single and double dorm-style units, shared houses with private bedrooms, and a homestay program.
Student Support Services
From arrival until graduation, we offer international students ongoing support. Take advantage of the fun cultural and social activities, free immigration advising, student mentor program, and the sense of community found in the International Student Services Centre.
In additional to our bachelor’s degree programs, we offer:
- English Language Program: High quality programming for students seeking to enhance their English proficiency, including short-term programs and a pathway program to PACE and undergraduate studies.
- The Collegiate: our high school located right on campus, offering Grades 9-12 in a supportive, academically rigorous environment.
- PACE (Professional, Applied and Continuing Education): full-time post-degree diploma programs (1 to 2 years) in specialized career fields in high growth employment sectors, including Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Marketing Management, and more!